What is tenant damage?
Tenant damage means loss or damage caused by the tenant, the tenant’s family or the tenant’s invited guests including theft by the tenant, the tenant’s family or the tenant’s invited guests.
- Itemised quotes
Itemised quotes or invoices for the restoration or repair of the property damage
- Copies of entry and exit property condition reports
Including photos detailing the state of the property prior to the commencement of the tenancy and the state of the property at the end the tenancy
- Routine inspection reports throughout the tenancy
Photos of each item being claimed
- Copy of the lease agreement for the defaulting tenant
Lease agreement that sets out the terms of the tenancy including property address, tenant names, weekly rent, lease period and signatures
- Copy of the lease agreement for the new tenant (if the property is relet)
Lease agreement for the new tenant that confirms when the property will be re-let
- Copy of the tenant’s rental ledger
Record of all rental payments from the beginning of the lease
- Breakdown of bond deductions
Costs that a tenant is liable for at the end of their lease, which have or could be paid from their bond. E.g. change of locks, cleaning, gardening, rubbish removal, water usage
If we have appointed an assessor, please provide the relevant documentation at your appointment with them.