Electric motor burnout
We will pay up to $2000 for the cost to repair or replace any motor in a household electrical machine or appliance, but only if it forms part of your building or contents and providing that the motor is located at your property and is burnt out by an electric current.
You must contribute towards the cost of replacement parts as follows:
- Where the age of the motor is less than 5 years, no contribution is required.
- Where the age of the motor is more than 5 years, the depreciation deduction will be 7% of the cost of the replacement parts for each year of age from new.
- Tradesman causation report
Report from a qualified tradesperson which outlines how the damage has been caused
- Motor repair/ replacement quote
Itemised quote for the repair or replacement of the burnt-out motor
- Appliance replacement quote
If a replacement appliance is more economical than repairing/replacing the motor, please also include a quote to replace the appliance