Electric Motor Burnout
We will pay up to $2000 for the reasonable cost to repair or replace any motor in a household electrical machine or appliance, but only if it forms part of:
- your building under Landlord Residential Building Insurance;
- your contents under Landlord Preferred, Landlord Preferred Self Managed, Scheer Short Stay policies;
provided that the motor is burnt out at your property by electric current.
We will only cover motors less than 7 years old.
We may engage a member of our supplier network to review your quote and/or inspect the motor to determine if it can be repaired or replaced.
- Tradesman causation report
Report from a qualified tradesperson which outlines how the damage has been caused
- Motor repair/ replacement quote
Itemised quote for the repair or replacement of the burnt-out motor
- Appliance replacement quote
If a replacement appliance is more economical than repairing/replacing the motor, please also include a quote to replace the appliance