Online Terms & Conditions
The Suncorp Group is comprised of Suncorp Group Limited (ABN 66 145 290 124) (“Suncorp Group”) and its subsidiaries and related companies in Australia and New Zealand. In these terms, a reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is a reference to the following company of the Suncorp Group (as applicable in context):
- • AAI Limited (ABN 48 005 297 807, ASFL 230859) trading as Terri Scheer.
Read these Online Terms to understand how we:
- • operate and regulate our online sites
- • operate online insurance quoting and purchase transactions; and
- • handle your personal information when you interact with us online (see terms 22 to 27).
- About our online sites
- 1.1 We operate certain online sites including our main website (www.terrischeer.com.au including its related transactional domains and pages) (“Main Site”) and digital portal, Terri Scheer Connect (collectively referred to as “Online Sites”)
- 1.2 We may operate an Online Site for its own benefit and/or for the benefit of one or more of its related bodies corporate, which collectively form the Suncorp Group in Australia and New Zealand.
- 1.3 Our Online Sites (including any sub-pages, related transactional domains and pages, or other Suncorp Group company branded online pages which include an authorised link to an Online Site) may include product advertising, services, information, text, graphics, materials, social media forums, applications, functions and promotions, unless disclaimed otherwise or where not permitted by law or by an online host site’s rules (“Site Content”). Your use of any of our Online Sites, including any Site Content, is governed by these Online Terms.
- 1.5 We own and operate the Main Site. These Online Sites include all web pages under or forming part of the domain name terrischeer.com.au.
- 1.7 As our Online Sites develop and as technology evolves, we will continue to strive to provide you with better online services. We encourage you to review these Online Terms as they will be updated from time to time.
- Links to other third party websites or applications
- 2.1 An Online Site may contain links to other websites (including other social media websites) or applications which are owned or operated by third parties independent of us (“Third Party Sites”). We do not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third Party Sites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third Party Sites (“Third Party Material”).
- 2.2 An Online Site may contain or link to information about special offers, deals or promotions by persons not related to us (“Third Party Offers”). We do not sponsor, endorse or approve of any Third Party Offers or Third Party Material associated with these offers.
- 2.3 Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, (including the Australian Consumer Law and Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth)), AAI makes no warranties or representations:
- 2.3.1 regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Sites; or
- 2.3.2 that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- 2.4 We are not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking Site Content to Third Party Material.
- 2.5 When following a link on an Online Site, material at a Third Party Site may be displayed in your browser framed by Site Content. This material is also Third Party Material for the purpose of these Online Terms.
- Product information and insurance purchase and renewal
- 3.1 The Main Site contains both information of a general nature about us and our products and services. The Main Site and Terri Scheer Connect may enable you to purchase and pay for some insurance products and services online.
- 3.2 Completing transactions on the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect:
- 3.2.1 When entering into a transaction via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect, whether it be the issuance of an insurance contract, or a transaction relating to any other product or service, the transaction will not be completed until an “Electronic Instruction” (being any electronic instruction, information, message, request or communication issued or transmitted to us via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect) containing the acceptance from you of our offer, or the confirmation of payment from you, whichever is applicable, has been received and processed by us, and any specific steps or requirements as set out in this term 3, have been complied with.
- 3.2.2 You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance or the confirmation of any payment, made through an Electronic Instruction, may not be received by us in accordance with this term 3 for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of third party service providers or systems.
- 3.2.3 Subject to any rights you may have under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law and Australian Securities and Investment Commission Act 2001 (Cth)), we are not liable to you for any loss of business or profits or any indirect loss, incurred as a result of the transmission of an Electronic Instruction through the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect, or any failure to receive an Electronic Instruction for whatever reason.
- 3.3 Purchasing insurance policies
- 3.3.1 Where the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect enables you to purchase insurance products or services online:
- (a) the parties may enter into an insurance policy using the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect by us making an express electronic offer via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect and you electronically communicating your acceptance of that offer via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect to us. An offer made by us in this way through the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect may be conditional upon the provision by you of certain information and will be made in-line with our underwriting criteria. We reserve the right not to make an electronic offer to you, in circumstances where eligibility criteria have not been met;
- (b) we may act on and process all completed Electronic Instructions transmitted or issued through the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect without further consent from or reference to you; and
- (c) we may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and are under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
- 3.3.2 Creating a binding insurance contract with us via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect is a two-step process:
- (a) the first step is to create a quote for the insurance product you are interested in and have selected. Upon completion by you of all required details, the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect will provide you with a quote, identified by a quote number; and
- (b) if you wish to purchase insurance in accordance with a quote provided to you by us via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect, then, upon completion by you of all required details, step two enables you to accept that quote and create a binding insurance agreement with a corresponding policy number.
- 3.3.3 When entering into a contract via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect in accordance with these Online Terms, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance to an offer of insurance from us only when:
- (a) the Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded in our main database or the relevant Suncorp Group database (both collectively referred to in term 3 as “Relevant Database”);
- (b) a record is created and stored in the Relevant Database;
- (c) a policy number is generated by the Relevant Database; and
- (d) we receive all required details of a current and valid payment card (a card which you are authorised to use and which is of a card type accepted by us), and to which we are able to charge/debit the premium.
- 3.3.4 If you elect to pay your premium by instalments or by way of a deferred payment method, the additional terms and conditions applicable to that payment arrangement will be made available to you as part of the online transaction or otherwise as part of our policy documents (whether by way of Product Disclosure Statement, Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement and/or Certificate of Insurance), as well any relevant insurance purchase or variation transaction.
- 3.3.5 Except as specified in clause 3.3.4, a binding insurance contract is conditional on us being able to successfully charge against your nominated payment card and us receiving payment of your applicable premium.
- 3.3.6 Where a transaction is entered into between us and you via the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect, a policy number will be issued. However, a binding insurance agreement is not conditional on the issuance or receipt by you of a policy number but is conditional upon us receiving your premium payment or your current and valid payment card details and a valid policy commencement date election. Therefore, the failure by you to receive a policy number does not invalidate or otherwise prejudice the existence of an insurance contract or transaction entered into using the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect.
- 3.3.7 We may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the insurance policy. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on us issuing, or you receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
- 3.3.8 Should you not receive a policy number please contact us.
- 3.3.9 For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions in this term 3.3 only apply to certain applications for or purchases of insurance product conducted electronically by the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect and in circumstances where we make an express electronic offer to you. These terms do not apply where the purchase occurs by way of a written paper-based application or other non-electronic means.
- 3.3.10 You may have the option of adding, removing or amending certain covers of your insurance policy. Any such amendment may result in an additional premium or sum being payable in respect of the amendment. You will be advised if this is the case. Any additional premium must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date, before the amendment takes effect.
- 3.3.1 Where the Main Site or Terri Scheer Connect enables you to purchase insurance products or services online:
- Main Site: payments
All payments are to be made by permitted payment cards at the time of purchase in relation to the applicable policy or service. In the case of a payment card transaction, you must therefore provide to us details of your permitted current and valid payment card, including:
- (a) payment card type;
- (b) name on payment card;
- (c) payment card number;
- (d) card verification value (CVV); and
- (e) expiry date.
- Online Sites: access and use of Online Sites
Some of our Online Sites may only be accessible to you if you have “logged-in” by providing certain details as requested by us on the log-in, registration and/or authentication pages of our Online Sites (this information is your “Login”).You may be required to supply a valid email address to register. The username component of your Login will be the email address you have provided us.You must not provide details of your Login to any other person. You must not allow any other person to use your Login. Whereby your login is used with your consent, or you failed to take reasonable precautions to protect these details you are responsible for all activities undertaken using your Login. If you are no longer eligible or no longer entitled to use your Login allocated to you, your access shall be immediately revoked. You must immediately notify us should this occur. We may revoke your access without notice in instances where we reasonably suspect your account has been comprised or associated with fraudulent activity. To access our Online Sites you may be required to verify your identity by entering a one-time password sent via SMS to the mobile phone number associated with your Login (Mobile Phone Number). A one-time password is a randomly generated password that is used to authenticate a transaction or your “log-in” attempt, and is only valid for a single use.There are time limits and limits on attempts made to enter the one-time password into the password field. If there are any errors in the one-time password field, you may not be able to access our Online Sites.We don’t charge you a fee for sending a one-time password to your Mobile Phone Number. However, your mobile phone service provider may impose fees and charges, including fees and charges for sending and receiving SMS messages. The payment of any such fees and charges is the responsibility of the mobile phone account holder.To use the one-time password verification, you must keep the Mobile Phone Number associated with your Login current. If the Mobile Phone Number associated with your Login is incorrect, you may not be able to use the one-time password verification and be unable to access our Online Sites. If the Mobile Phone Number is also used by other people, they may receive, or be able to access your one-time password.
- Valuation tools, calculators, games and other features
- 6.1 Our Online Sites may contain or make available various tools, calculation devices, software programs, games or other features which may assist you in calculating such things as the optimal insurance policy, premium or level of excess. Our Online Sites may also contain other useful information, such as information about the insurance industry.
- 6.2 Whilst we have undertaken reasonable steps to ensure that any such features or information as described in term 6.1 are accurate and free from defect, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, correctness or completeness of these features, which are provided on an “as is” basis. The use by you of any of these features or any information provided is entirely at your own risk. The monetary figures used by these features in any calculations are estimates only and do not take account of your particular circumstances.
- Our standard terms and acceptance criteria apply
All enquiries or applications for insurance (including variations of cover) or other products made via any of our Online Sites are subject to and must comply with our normal acceptance criteria and are governed by the normal terms and conditions applying to each product or service requested. The terms and conditions of the products which we issue or provide (as relevant) are contained here. You have a duty to us under the Insurance Contracts Act to take reasonable care not to make a misrepresentation before you enter a contract of insurance with us. To make sure that you meet this duty to us, it is important that you answer all questions truthfully and accurately. If you give us information that is not true and accurate, we may be able to reduce or refuse a claim or cancel your policy, or both. If your failure is fraudulent, we may be able to refuse to pay a claim and treat the contract as if it never existed.
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded (including warranties under the Australian Consumer Law and Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth)), Terri Scheer does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Site Content or any Online Site User Content or any Social Media Site User Content, on any of its Online Sites.
- Limitation of liability
Subject to any rights you may have under any applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law and Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth)), we do not accept any legal responsibility for any loss or damage, including loss of business or profits or any other indirect loss arising out of or referable to any Site Content, Third Party Material, third party services, or to access (or lack of access) to our Online Site (or website operated by any member of the Suncorp Group) by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
You indemnify us (and any of our related bodies corporate) against any loss, cost, damage, expense and liability suffered or incurred by us (or any of our related bodies corporate) as a result of your breach of these Online Terms, except to the extent caused or contributed to by our negligence
- No advice / Risk Management Products
- 11.1 Unless specifically disclaimed, no Online Site purports to provide you with financial product or investment advice of any kind. The information available via an Online Site does not take account of your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. We suggest that you seek independent advice before acting upon any Site Content or any information found on a Third Party Site. Depending on your circumstances, you should also consider whether other types of advice may be relevant to your situation, including but not limited to independent legal, accounting or financial planning advice.
- 11.2 Any risk management products featured on our Online Sites involve risks when using such products. You should seek expert advice before using such products so you are fully informed of the risks involved.
- Availability of an Online Site
- 12.1 Since electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to an Online Site is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
- 12.2 We may impose limits or restrictions and/or withdraw our Online Site (of part thereof) at any time and without notice for security, technical, maintenance, legal or regulatory reasons, or due to any breach of these Online Terms.
- 12.3 Any cost associated with accessing an Online Site is the user’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet or telecommunications service provider used.
- Restrictions on use of an Online Site
The Site Content contained on any Online Site is provided solely for bona fide personal or commercial customers only. By accessing, viewing or otherwise using any of our Online Sites, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use contained in this term and term 13. You agree that you will not, (either yourself or through any third party):
- (a) use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (“Automated Process“) to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on any of our Online Sites, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through any of our Online Sites, without our prior written permission;
- (b) use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through any of our Online Sites with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
- (c) use any information on or accessed through any of our Online Sites for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or ‘shadow shopping’) or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain;
- (d) use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any of our Online Sites or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
- (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to any of our Online Sites;
- (f) reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with any of our Online Sites; or
- (g) copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from any of our Online Sites without our prior written permission.
- No use of any Online Site for unrelated persons
You must only use our Online Sites (as permitted by their design) to:
- (a) obtain insurance quotes;
- (b) obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from us;
- (c) conduct insurance related transactions or queries;
- in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family (with their prior consent) or for a commercial enterprise for which you seek bona fide insurance cover. You agree not to otherwise use any of our Online Sites to obtain insurance quotes, or to obtain other information relating to the price of insurance cover from us or conduct insurance-related transactions or queries. You also agree to indemnify us in respect of any liability incurred by us for any loss, cost, damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by us as a result of your breach of this term 14.
- Third party providers
- Copyright and trademarks
- 16.1 Copyright in the Material on an Online Site is owned or licensed by us.
- 16.2 Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing or using the Site Content on an Online Site via your web-enabled browser (whether on a personal computer or on a portable electronic device), or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 or other applicable laws, no Site Content on an Online Site may be reproduced, stored (for any period of time) in an electronic or other retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without the specific written consent of us.
- 16.3 We and each of our related bodies corporate separately reserve their copyright and all other legal rights with respect to their trademarks, whether registered or otherwise. “Terri Scheer”, “TS Terri Scheer”, and “Vero” are each registered trademarks.
- 16.4 Third party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.
- 17.1 Termination of these Online Terms
Unless otherwise stated in this term 17, these Online Terms and/or your access to our Online Site(s) may be terminated at any time by Terri Scheer. You may terminate your use of our Online Sites at any time. However, all restrictions, licences granted by you, and all disclaimers and exclusions of and limitations on liability of Terri Scheer, will survive any termination. Upon termination you must not directly or indirectly access or use the relevant Online Site(s) or any Site Content on the relevant Online Site(s).
- 17.2 Termination of access to Terri Scheer Online Services
We reserve the right to terminate your access to Terri Scheer Online Services any time upon notice to you for breach of these Online Terms, where we reasonably suspect fraudulent activity associated with your account, or you have not accessed your account for 4 years. You must terminate your access and/or use of Terri Sheer Online Services if you are no longer a policyholder, an active claimant or nominated representative under the relevant Terri Scheer insurance policy accessible via Terri Scheer Online Services. You agree to fully indemnify us for any cost, loss, or damage, arising from your deliberate or negligent acts while using the Terri Scheer Online Services if you are no longer a policyholder, active claimant or nominated representative under the relevant Terri Scheer insurance policy, or from your breach of these Online Terms. You may terminate your access to Terri Scheer Online Services at any time upon notice to us. That notice must be given to us by emailing email@example.com and you must provide sufficient identifying information along with your request. However, such termination will not be effective until notice of that termination is received. The limitation of liability expressed in term 17.1 also applies to the termination of Terri Scheer Online Services.
- 17.3 Prohibition on access post termination
Upon termination of these Online Terms and/or your right to access to our Online Site(s), you must not directly or indirectly access or use any part of our Online Site(s) or any Site Content.
- 17.1 Termination of these Online Terms
- Acceptance of and changes to these Online Terms
- 18.1 You acknowledge and accept that your use of an Online Site indicates your acceptance of these Online Terms.
- Our complaints resolution process
- 19.1 If you are dissatisfied with your dealings with us in relation to your use of an Online Site please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 19.2 We will review your email and contact you with a reply or to ask you for further information, if it’s required. If you make a complaint and it is about a Terri Scheer insurance policy or insurance claim, you may have additional rights of appeal, such as under Terri Scheer’s formal dispute resolution process. We will tell you if that is the case. See the “FAQs” section on our Main Site for more information about how we resolve complaints.
- 20.1 An Online Site may be viewed and interacted with by anyone in the world, however age limits may apply to certain Site Content (including the sale or issue of any insurance product), promotions or offers.
- 20.2 We only offer our insurance products for sale within Australia. The information, products and services provided on our Online Sites may be limited to residents of certain States and Territories of Australia only. The information provided on our Online Sites may not satisfy the law of other countries. Overseas residents may contact the Suncorp Group by email for assistance regarding the availability of products and services described on our Online Sites.
- 20.3 The law applicable to an Online Site and to any complaints arising from an Online Site is the law of the State of Queensland, Australia. By using any of our Online Sites you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, Australia, unless the complaint relates to an insurance contract in which case relevant state or federal law will apply.
- 20.4 Should any term or part of these Online Terms be found to be void, unenforceable or invalid, then it is severed from this agreement, leaving the remainder in full force and effect, provided that the severance has not altered the basic nature of this agreement.
- 20.5 You may not rely on our words or conduct as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing. In this term “conduct” includes delay in the exercise of any right. “Right” means any of our rights which arises under or in connection with these Online Terms or otherwise, and includes the right to rely on this term. “Waiver” includes an election between rights and remedies, and conduct which might otherwise give rise to an estoppel.
- 20.6 The products, services and promotions featured on our Online Sites may be withdrawn or varied at any time, without notice, within the limits of Australian law.
- Linking to any of our Online Sites
Unauthorised linking to any part of an Online Site (including any website operated by a related body corporate that is part of the Suncorp Group) is expressly prohibited. Please contact us if you would like to link to any part of our Online Site(s). Only written permission from us will constitute authorisation of a link.
- Our Online Privacy Statement starts here
- 22.1 By using an Online Site you accept that any personal information we collect about you will be handled according to terms 22 to 27 of these Online Terms as well as:
- 22.2 In addition to these Online Terms there may also be additional privacy provisions that apply to your use of an Online Site or as a result of your membership (or your application for membership) of a third party social media website. Should you decide to register for or participate in a promotion or other activity, or purchase a product or service from us, you will be bound by the relevant terms of that promotion, activity, product or service.
- Your online privacy
- 23.1 Notwithstanding any other term in these Online Terms, you agree and freely acknowledge that when you submit comments, recordings, images or other personal content, for public display on an Online Site, that content may be available for anyone in the world to read and/or view and/or comment on and potentially download. See term 24 for further information about the public display of your content.
- 23.2 Our Main Site and Mobile Site use the services of the firm Adobe to monitor website use. The Adobe tool does not collect any personal information while you use our site(s) and the reports it provides to us are of aggregated information only. These reports help us to maintain, administer and improve these sites.
- Posting public content
Unless otherwise stated, when you post a public comment or upload other public data to an Online Site, that information may be displayed by us publicly in accordance with terms 22 and 24. Your information may also be retained by us where there is a legal reason to retain it for a longer period.
- Information collected and how we use it
- 25.1 General Information
- 25.1.1 The information we will collect about you will depend on how you use an Online Site.
- 25.1.2 If you use an Online Site to read, browse or download information, our computer system may record information such as the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information may be used for statistical, reporting, site/application administration and maintenance purposes.
- 25.1.3 An Online Site may offer interactive facilities including tools, games and other online features. If you use any interactive facilities, we may, but generally do not, capture any personal information which you may enter when using these tools.
- 25.2 Personal information submitted to an Online Site
- 25.2.1 When you as a user of an Online Site (“Online Site User”), submit any personal information via an Online Site, whether in the form of text, comments, recordings, images or otherwise (“Online Site User Content”) (for the avoidance of doubt, Online Site User Content includes Social Media Site User Content, as far as is relevant in the circumstances), you consent to that personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed for any purpose permitted by these Online Terms, and otherwise as permitted by relevant privacy laws in Australia.
- 25.2.2 You agree to obtain the prior consent of any other person whose personal information (whether in the form of words, images, recordings or otherwise) you submit to us via an Online Site, including any Social Media Site. We will collect this information from you in good faith and take reasonable precautions to ensure it is handled in accordance with relevant Australian privacy laws. If you are not sure whether the other person would agree with you providing their personal information to us, please exercise caution and DO NOT provide it to us.
- 25.2.5 We may collect personal information belonging to an Online Site User, such as their name, email address or social media site alias, in order to provide them with the interaction or outcome they have requested. This may require us to disclose an Online Site User’s personal information to one or more third parties, including but not limited to agents or external service providers.
- 25.2.7 If you decide to enter a promotion that is made available or otherwise advertised on an Online Site you will need to agree to that promotion’s separate terms and conditions, which will be drawn to your attention as part of the entry process.
- 25.2.8 Where practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. Generally, we may collect personal information about you when you deal with us by email, letter, phone, in person or at other locations.
- 25.3 Security of personal information submitted to our Main Site
- 25.3.1 All personal information you provide to our Main Site over the internet while inquiring about or obtaining an insurance quotation, or entering a promotion (as relevant) is passed through a secure, encrypted connection. The secure connection is over a protocol called secure sockets layer (SSL). We use a minimum 128 bit encryption (128-bit), which provides a very high level of protection against unauthorised access in order to prevent unauthorised persons from reading the information you send to us while it is in transit over the internet. Once your personal information has been received at our Main Site, we take all reasonable precautions to securely pass that information to our mainframe computer or to another member of the Suncorp Group on our behalf, or in the case of a promotion, to our secure promotion database. These mainframe computers are not directly accessible through the internet, nor is our promotion database. No details you provide to us are stored on a web server.
- 25.3.2 When you make an online payment on one of our Online Sites your payment card number will be passed in a secure manner between our Online Site and one or more third party providers, such as the issuer of your payment card. Your payment card number will be recorded in a mainframe computer operated by us or by another member of the Suncorp Group on our behalf, and will not be transmitted over the internet to payment card providers or payment providers. Neither we nor any payment provider we allow will store your payment card details on any web server. If your payment card number is stored it will only be for us or our financial institution’s record keeping purposes (or otherwise as required by law), and then it will be stored with an even higher level of encryption.
- 25.3.3 If you are not comfortable with sending any information over the internet, please contact us to discuss alternative methods.
- 25.1 General Information
- Third Party Sites (including third party social media sites)
Our Online Sites may contain links to Third Party Sites (see term 2.1). Third Party Sites should contain their own privacy statements and those third parties are responsible for informing you about their security and privacy practices.
- Your privacy rights and complaint resolution
- 27.1 If we have collected your personal information through your use of an Online Site, then you have a right to access, update or correct that personal information. You also have the right to make a complaint about your privacy. Click here to find out the contact points should you have an information access or correction request or privacy concern relating to your use of an Online Site.
- 27.2 We will review your correspondence or request and contact you with a reply or to ask you for further information, if required. We respect your legal right to access and correct your personal information and will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We will ordinarily not charge you a fee to access your personal information, however in some circumstances we may elect to charge you a reasonable fee for access, as permitted by law.
- 27.3 If you make a complaint about your privacy you may have additional rights of appeal, such as under our formal dispute resolution process. We will tell you if that is the case. See the “Making a Privacy Complaint” part of our main website for more information about how we resolve privacy complaints.
- 28.1 Our Online Sites use “cookies” as a fundamental part of their interaction with your internet browser. Cookies enable us to provide you with a superior, customer-oriented service. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your computer by our web server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our website servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. Cookies do not alter the operation of your computer or mobile device in any way.
These online terms are dated 25 October 2023