AAI Trustbond Privacy Statement
AAI Limited and Terri Scheer Privacy Statement (Trustbond)
Privacy is Important….
…especially when you consider the number of ways we communicate and interact these days. That’s why we’ve put together this statement. It explains how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and who we share it with.
And because it’s guided by privacy laws, you can be sure it takes your rights seriously.
Above all, this statement is your assurance that we never take your privacy for granted and always take the utmost care in protecting your personal information.
This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, disclose and hold your information. If you have any questions or comments in relation to this privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Why do we collect personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We collect personal information so that we can:
- assess your eligibility for Trustbond and provide a price;
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products and services, including the management and administration of underwriting and claims;
- assess and investigate any demands or claims you or others make under one or more of our products;
- manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- assess risk and the pricing of our products;
- manage complaints and disputes; and
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, pricing research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways we communicate with you.
What happens if you don’t give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any, some, or all of the features of our products or services.
How we handle your personal information
Your privacy is our utmost concern. We collect your personal information directly from Traity and, in some cases, from you, other people or organisations including real estate agents and social media sites. We also provide your personal information to other related companies in the Group, and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes described in 'Why do we collect personal information?' in relation to products and services they may provide to you. They may also use your personal information to help them provide products and services to other customers, but they’ll never disclose your personal information to another customer without your consent.
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to.
We may collect and disclose your personal information to:
- other companies within the Group and other trading divisions or departments within the same company (to see a list of our brands/companies, please click here);
- any of our Group joint ventures where authorised or required;
- customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
- data warehouse, strategic learning organisations, data partners, analytic consultants;
- social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
- a third party that we've contracted to provide services, products, legal services, administrative services or other third party services, for example, information technology providers, marketing service providers, consultancy firms, print/mail/digital service providers, document management services);
- intermediaries, including real estate agents or our agents;
- your landlord or your tenant or third party involved in a claim;
- our corporate partner or an incoming partner;
- accounting or financial professionals and advisers;
- government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies;
- any new incoming financial instution or other provider should we cease issuing TrustBond;
- an external dispute resolution body; debt collection agencies;
- medical or health professionals;
- other financial institutions, reinsurers, investigators and claims or insurance reference services, financiers;
- any other organisation or person, where you've asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain information from them, e.g. your mother or agent.
We’ll use a variety of methods to collect your personal information from, and disclose your personal information to, these persons and organisations, including written forms, telephone calls and via electronic delivery. We may collect and disclose your personal information to these persons and organisations during the information life cycle, regularly, or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection.
Your personal information and our marketing practices
Every now and then, we and any related companies might let you know – including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online – about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time.
In order to carry out our direct marketing we collect your personal information from and disclose it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (you can see the full list of persons and organisations under ‘How we handle your personal information’). We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions and by purchasing contact lists. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or companies in our Group, or our service providers already hold about you. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance to you.
Sometimes, we need to provide your personal information to – or get personal information about you from – persons or organisations located overseas, for the same purposes as in 'Why do we collect personal information?' Please click here to see a list of countries it is practicable for us to disclose to. If we ever need to disclose your personal information to, and collect your personal information from, other countries not on this list, we will always do so in accordance with privacy laws.
How to access and correct your personal information or make a complaint
We will be or may be authorised or required to collect your personal information under various laws. These laws include the: Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, Personal Property Securities Act 2009, Corporations Act 2001, Autonomous Sanctions Act 2011, Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, Income Tax Assessment Act 1936, Income Tax Regulations 1936, Tax Administration Act 1953, Tax Administration Regulations 1976, A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 as those laws are amended, and includes any associated regulations.
For more information about our privacy practices you can visit http://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/privacy.
Alternatively, you can get in touch directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org