What contents are covered?
Your Contents covered include any of the items listed below which you own or which you are legally responsible for, which are listed in the most recent inventory/property condition report and which have been left at the property for your tenant’s domestic use:
- Portable household goods and electrical appliances;
- Household furniture, furnishings and light fittings (not hardwired to the building);
- Curtains or internal blinds;
- Gaming consoles and their associated games;
- Floating floorboards;
- Carpets and floor rugs;
- Ride-on lawn mowers;
- Painting or works of art valued at less than $1,000 for each item;
- Sporting or recreational equipment, but not whilst they are being used;
- Plants, hedges, trees or shrubs that are in pots or tubs; and
- Above ground pools or spas (including their fixed accessories).
Strata Titled Buildings
For Strata titled buildings your contents means temporary wall, floor and ceiling covers, and any fixture or structural improvement servicing a particular lot which the body corporate or similar is not required to insure according to the applicable strata laws in your state or territory.