1800 804 016

Sales & Service: Mon-Fri 8.30am to 6pm AEST
Claims: Mon-Fri 8.30am to 6:30pm AEST


Cover can be started at any time (but cannot be backdated). If you have just purchased a property, the best time to start is straight away – especially if the property is vacant and being advertised for rent. As a landlord, you have a liability exposure from the moment you or your agent begins showing potential tenants through the property.

Only for damage to the building caused by damage and theft by the tenants or people they invite into the property. The landlord should also consider having Building Insurance, which covers a broader range of damage to buildings, including flood and storm damage. Our Residential Building Insurance Policy combined with Landlord Insurance provides a more complete package of cover.

To avoid being underinsured, your landlord and building sum insured should reflect what it would cost to rebuild your house or replace your contents at today’s prices.

To help you estimate the rebuild cost of your residential building you can use the Terri Scheer Building Calculator. Please note that the calculator is intended as a guide only and not intended to be relied on for the purpose of making a decision in relation to purchasing our products. Consider whether you need a professional valuation from an architect, builder or other valuation expert.

Yes, the cover is no longer valid when the landlord takes up permanent residence at the insured property. The landlord or property manager should advise us if this occurs.

No, most requests can be processed over the phone by the insured policy holders. Email instructions from the landlord are also acceptable. Call Terri Scheer on 1800 804 016 or email customerservice@terrischeer.com.au.

Yes. Both fixed term and periodic leases are covered, including any continuation of a lease.

Yes there are. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement together with the Additional Information Guides for the policy you are considering.

There are no established definitions of ‘Public Liability Insurance’ or ‘Legal Liability Cover’ and every insurer’s policy may be different.

Terri Scheer policies include ‘Liability to others’ cover, which insures your legal liability as the landlord and owner of the property for death or bodily injury to other people or damage to other people’s property up to a maximum of $20,000,000. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for full details.

Terri Scheer’s ‘Liability to others’ cover may be considered as equivalent to what other insurance policies may call ‘Public Liability Insurance’. You should read and compare the information in the product disclosure statements to find out what each insurer’s policy covers.

If you experience a problem, are not satisfied with our products or services or a decision we have made, please visit our Customer Relations page to access more information.

We (and other general insurers) collect ESL to help pay for the NSW Emergency Services, including Fire and Rescue NSW, the NSW Rural Fire Services and the NSW State Emergency Services.

Each of Terri Scheer’s insurance products utilise a five-stage product lifecycle (Design, Delivery, Review, Enhance/Modify and Decommission). This approach allows us to put you, the customer, at the centre of our product development and distribution.

Product Development and Distribution Policy

Have a question? Our expert consultants are ready to help.
1800 804 016